BlogKnowledge we want to share
vProtect 3.9 update 1 RELEASED
Storware is pleased to announce the general availability of vProtect 3.9* update 1.
vProtect is a proprietary backup and recovery software developed by Storware for virtual machines, containers and cloud environments. The software provides data protection services for open virtual machines (Citrix Hypervisor, Huawei FusionSphere, KVM, Nutanix Acropolis, OpenStack, Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager, Oracle VM, oVirt, Proxmox, Red Hat Virtualization, xcp-ng, Xen), virtual environments built on VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisors, Containers (OpenShift, Kubernetes) and Cloud (AWS EC2)
Storware vProtect is a modern data protection platform with competitive functionalities, and intuitive HTML5 Web Interface.
A strategy for OpenStack, which uses Cinder-based disk-attachment to perform backups. Several enhancements for OpenStack and KVM stand-alone environments. For KVM stand-alone vProtect now supports LVM thin-pools and mixed configurations (i.e. QCOW2+LVM). This update also introduces Ceph RBD support for stand-alone KVM hypervisors.
vProtect oVirt integration – backup & restore operations can be invoked directly from oVirt/RHV administration interface.
- New: OpenStack – disk attachment backup strategy using Cinder
- New: KVM stand-alone – LVM thin-pool support
- New: KVM stand-alone – support for VMs with mixed disk types
- New: KVM stand-alone – Ceph support
- New: oVirt/RHV Backup & Restore UI integration for vProtect
- New: UI – configuration wizard enhancements
- New: S3-compatible backup provider – support for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage
*vProtect 3.9 (Quasar) is a major release adding officially support for VMware and Hyper-V virtualization platforms. Both full and incremental backups are supported and it also allows you to restore individual files.