Agent-less, VM-level, Certified
Backup and Recovery for VMware
Storware Backup and Recovery is a modern, stable data protection solution, providing backup and recovery for VMware VMs and all application data. It’s dedicated to VMware vCenter Server and VMware ESXi standalone hosts. Storware is an agent-less, cost-effective and competitive platform for all kinds of businesses.
- support for vSphere 5.5+
- full and incremental backup
(NBD, hot-add, CBT – Changed Block Tracking)
- intuitive HTML5 Web Interface
- easy licensing per VM or per 2 sockets
- snapshot management
- supported languages: English, Chinese, Spanish, German
- open API for 3rd party software integration
- 24/7/365 support
Keep it smart and simple
Configuration Wizard makes the launch and setup of Storware Backup and Recovery fast and easy. Start to protect your VMs within minutes, automate and monitor backup processes from a single pane of glass.
Freedom of choice
No vendor lock-in – Storware supports multiple hypervisors and backup destinations (file system, object storage, and enterprise backup providers). Gain uncompromising flexibility and freedom in improving your data center.
The easiest licensing per VM or two sockets. 24/7 support team at your disposal. Save your time by reducing daily management time – automate VMs protection and recovery tests.
Significantly reduce daily management time
Automate VM protection with custom or predefined backup policies. Test backup automatically to ensure recoverability – use Disaster Recovery Plans to verify that your backed-up VM is bootable and was not damaged before the backup was performed
Single pane of glass
Storware Backup and Recovery provides easy to set up and manage backup & recovery solutions for VMware-based virtual machines. With a modern UI, you have complete control over backup jobs, monitor and manage all your hosts from a single console.
- HTML5 easy-to-use, intuitive UI
- Tags + regular expressions to simplify assigning VMs to specific backup policies
- Advanced task console – to give you the life preview of all Storware jobs (finished, running, and pending) with a global search bar for quick access to any item or restore jobs history
- Self-service ready – Open API for 3rd party software integration (REST API)
Backup strategies and extra features
In regards to transport modes, there are four choices in a Storware VMware Backup Proxy:
- direct storage access
- virtual appliance (Hot Add)
- network (NBD)
In the variant where the node was installed on the Proxy VM, staging space must be located on a virtual disk attached to Proxy VM or using RDM. This strategy uses NBD transport mode and supports incremental backups. Each disk of the VM can be easily excluded from backup. Snapshot management is also available for the VMware environment. The backup process starts with creating a snapshot. The next stage of this strategy is exporting VM metadata and VM disks (in RAW format). After that, a temporary snapshot is deleted to keep the maximum efficiency of the VM.
Do it your way with Storware: feel the freedom of choice from the hypervisor to the backup destination.
- Ready for integration | open Rest API
- Storware supports VMware, Hyper-V, Nutanix Acropolis, Red Hat Virtualization, and other KVM-based and Xen-based open virtual environments. That gives you uncompromising possibilities of customization of your data center.
- You decide where you want to store your backups: on-prem, Virtual Data Optimizer (VDO), cloud, other backup vendors such as IBM, Dell EMC, Veritas. We understand that every IT infrastructure is unique, and you should decide what is best for your environment and customer needs.
What our customers say
Storware vProtect solutions for backup and restoring virtual machines fulfilled our requirements in terms of both flexibility and maintaining the highest security standards
If a company is looking for a reliable and easy-to-use solution to protect virtual environments based on Red Hat Virtualization, Storware is definitely worth recommending.
We are most satisfied with support for Xen and XCP-NG, as well as maintained support for tape libraries (via IBM Spectrum Protect).
We needed a solution that would work for our oVirt cloud. With the help of Storware, we have been able to get exactly what we wanted.
Storware provides above all rich support for Red Hat Virtualization (RHV), oVirt and KVM and complements the offer of enterprise backup vendors such as Dell EMC.