Storware vProtect 4.3 released
Now you can protect 20 different open source and commercial virtualization platforms and storage providers under one license!
What’s more, Storware vProtect 4.3 brings a Nutanix Volume Groups storage provider and a technical preview of Huawei FusionCompute support. Last but not least, growing requirements for cybersecurity and IT infrastructure resilience to ransomware resulted in the extension of role-based access control (RBAC) and administrator privileges.
What new features will you get with Storware vProtect 4.3?
The synthetic backup provider now can also use Data Domain as the backend to provide both forever incremental and highly effective deduplication. Additionally, the S3 backup provider now also supports Cloudian S3 and Alibaba Cloud OSS.
As mentioned, role-based access control (RBAC) has also been extended to support instance-level permissions in the roles so that administrators can control access even more granularly.
Finally, a few UI enhancements have been added, such as: simplification of the configuration wizard, task duration information in the task console, the option to export reports in HTML or PDF format, or the option to disable all schedules at the policy level.
Check the documentation for all functionalities and see what the software architecture for version 4.2 looks like.
- New: Huawei FusionCompute technical preview support
- New: Storage Provider – Nutanix Volume Groups support
- New: synthetic backup with Dell EMC DataDomain
- New: S3 backup provider – support for Cloudian S3
- New: S3 backup provider – support for Alibaba Cloud OSS
- New: RBAC – VM/Application/Storage instance-level permissions
- New: backup quotas for projects
- New: notification rules for predefined events
- New: VMware – support for node installation on CentOS 8/Stream
- New: option to disable scheduled backups per policy
- New: Web UI – backup/restore report export in PDF and HTML formats
- New: Web UI – configuration wizard with added support for Storage Providers and additional policy types
- New: Web UI – task duration in console
With Storware vProtect, our focus is on introducing useful features that truly improve data protection processes, automate backup and restore tasks, and ensure the highest standards of reliability. Get your copy and test it yourself! Choose the vProtect free version that supports up to 10 VMs or unlock the full potential of vProtect with a 60-day TRIAL version!
Remember that you get support for all available hypervisors under one license! vProtect aims to provide companies with unparalleled flexibility in designing and implementing data backup strategies. No matter if you manage virtual environments based on open, commercial, or mixed solutions, vProtect supports all under one license.