Agent-less, VM-level, Certified
Red Hat Virtualization Backup and Recovery Solution
Feature-rich Backup and Restore solution for RHV virtual machines
vProtect is a stable, agent-less, Red Hat certified solution, providing backup and recovery services for virtual machines and container environments. Use Storware vProtect to improve RHV backup performance, automate recovery tests, and significantly save your resources, time and money.
- full (v3.5.1+) and incremental (v4.2+) backups with Changed Block Tracking (CBT) backup strategy available (v4.4)
- tag-based VM auto-grouping and scheduling
- generic application backup
- oVirt/RHV metadata protection
- application-consistent backups with guest file-system freeze
- file-level restore
- supported languages: English, Chinese, Spanish, German
vProtect RHV (oVirt) UI Plugin
Discover single pane of glass for backup & recovery operations. The plugin is freely available on GitHub, what’s more, vProtect is FREE to use in the environments up to 10 VMs. So if you’re looking for a reliable and future-proof data protection solution for Red Hat Virtualization VM just give it a try.
The integration allows the administrator not only to monitor tasks progress and other things related to storage space or backup performance. Simply and intuitively it allows, for example, to assign virtual machines to selected backup policies, perform backups or restore selected machines on demand.
Available backup strategies
5 backup strategies: export storage domain (over API v3), Proxy VM (snapshot-disk attachment, API v4), snapshot-chains (disk image transfer from hypervisor manager, API v4.2+), SSH transfer and Changed Block Tracking (this is a new method which is possible thanks to changes in oVirt 4.4)
Recover your data with ease:
- to local vProtect storage
- to any remote location mountable on vProtect Server
- directly to the virtualization environment
You also are able to restore individual files using mountable backups (directly from web interface or node). And if one needs direct access to the original drive there is also an option to share it from your backup over iSCSI. Especially if you need to preserve original file permissions or extended attributes.
vProtect is able to integrate with multiple virtualization platforms and multiple backup providers. Thanks to such flexibility, backups can be stored locally, using object storage, IBM Spectrum Protect, S3 and many, many more. If you would like to replace an enterprise-grade backup provider with a plain file system – you still may have an option to backup your applications – just select a different target in the UI. Moreover:
- it is easy to use existing storage instances to keep backups of VMs according to the specific retention policy.
- it provides easy-to-use web interface with option to integrate into native administration consoles or other self-service solutions
- it allows virtualization admins to use tags or VM naming convention to automatically assign policies to the VMs based on include/exclude rules
- it has native integration with OpenStack Horizon, and ready to use CloudForms integration