Storware vProtect 4.1 Released
It’s our job to make life easier for backup administrators. As few limitations as possible, usability and affordability – that’s what the new vProtect 4.1 is all about. See the changes in architecture and learn about the improvements made to our solution.
Improve and streamline data management services with centralized backup and disaster recovery operations. Automate daily administrative tasks, receive reports and statistics. So if you’re looking for a reliable and future-proof data protection solution feel free to test a version that fits your needs. Choose the vProtect free version that supports up to 10 VMs or unlock the full potential of vProtect with a 60-day TRIAL version! Remember that you get support for all available hypervisors under one license!
A new backup source type has been added: storage provider [NOTE: this feature is not available for the free version] Now it’s possible to protect Ceph RBD volumes, plain file systems, and Nutanix Files (AFS) as a technical preview. Administrators can execute full and incremental backups, recover individual files using mounted backups or share them over iSCSI.
A new backup source type has been added: storage provider. Now it’s possible to protect Ceph RBD volumes, plain file systems, and Nutanix Files (AFS) as a technical preview. Administrators can execute full and incremental backups, recover individual files using mounted backups or share them over iSCSI.
This release introduces important enhancement for multi-AZ OpenStack environments with separate Ceph clusters in each AZ. Now it’s possible to assign individual storage providers to each AZ (“hypervisor cluster”). For OpenStack and OpenShift environments, vProtect also adds Projects to its inventory during synchronization.
When using Dell EMC PowerProtect DD (Data Domain) as a backup provider, administrators get the option to enable the retention lock feature to protect backups. This release adds a backup size report which may be essential for chargeback reporting. Starting from the 4.1 release Java 11 will be used.
Full list of vProtect features available [HERE]
vProtect 4.1 – detailed changes:
- New: Storage Provider – Ceph RBD – support for backup/restore/mount of RBD volumes
- New: Storage Provider – File system – support for backup/restore/mount of plain file systems mounted on the nodes
- New: Storage Provider – Nutanix Files (AFS) – technical preview of support for backup/restore/mount of Nutanix Files
- New: Support for separate Ceph clusters per AZ in OpenStack environments
- New: multi-AZ OpenStack environments support
- New: OpenStack/OpenShift – project scanning
- New: Backup size reporting for chargeback
- New: PowerProtect DD (DataDomain) retention lock
- New: Hyper-V multi-threaded disk export
- New: Java update to v11
- New: Task API performance optimizations