vProtectModernized Data Protection for Open Virtual Machines
Storware vProtect is an enterprise backup solution for virtual environments.
It facilitates the implementation of virtual machine backup running on open platforms such as Citrix XenServer, Xen (based on a regular Linux distribution), RHEV, oVirt, KVM, KVM for IBMz, Proxmox and Oracle VM. By using hot-clone feature one is now able to quickly push VM’s backup to vProtect Server. Dynamic reconfigurations are available directly from the web interface.
Using snapshot based backup strategy, one can quickly backup not only data but also the configuration of the running virtual machines. Storware vProtect also provides easy to use CLI and web UI management interfaces.
Backups can be stored in a flexible way – locally, in OpenStack Swift object storage, IBM Spectrum Protect, Veritas NetBackup, EMC Networker or S3. It is easy to use existing storage instance to keep backups of VMs according to the specific retention policy.
The solution extends capabilities of all above backup providers by delivering comprehensive, scalable protection for all supported hypervisor environments.
Try vProtect for free / Get Free protection for KVM stand alone
Choose your hypervisor
Red Hat Virtualization / oVirt
Nutanix Acropolis / AHV
Storware vProtect provides a crash-consistent backup of VMs running in Nutanix Acropolis environments. With easy management interface, you are able to quickly set up protection and store backups in several different backup providers. By using vProtect Nodes installed directly in the Nutanix clusters, you'll be able to perform your backups much faster.
Storware vProtect provides a crash-consistent backup of VMs running in KVM environments. With easy management interface, you are able to quickly set up protection and store backups in several different backup providers. For KVM stand alone environments we offer a free license - just fill the form at https://storware.eu/en/contact/
Choose your backup destination
FileSystem / NFS / iSCSI
Dell EMC DataDomain
IBM Spectrum Protect
Dell EMC NetWorker
- VM auto-grouping based on regular expressions and tags (Citrix, RHV/oVirt)
- Data is exported in native (hypervisor-specific) format
- Snapshot consistent technology (and use of quiesced snapshots for Citrix XenServer and FS freeze in oVirt/RHV enviornments)
- Easy to use and intuitive management (HTML5 web UI and CLI) - protect your virtual infrastructure in 3 easy steps:
- Connect to your infrastructure and backup provider
- Schedule backups or backup on demand
- Restore/mount VM backup if needed (or just use local copy of last backup)
- To local vProtect storage
- To any remote location mountable on vProtect Server
- Directly to the virtual environment
List of virtual machines / Task console
With easy to use management, scalable architecture, data deduplication and compression provided by backup engine, your datacenter will be prepared for protecting not only data itself but the whole configuration of your virtual environments.