Storware vProtect is an enterprise backup solution for virtual environments.
It facilitates the implementation of virtual machine backup running on open platforms such as Citrix XenServer, Xen (based on a regular Linux distribution), RHEV, oVirt, KVM, KVM for IBMz, Proxmox and Oracle VM. By using hot-clone feature one is now able to quickly push VM’s backup to vProtect Server. Dynamic reconfigurations are available directly from the web interface.
Using snapshot based backup strategy, one can quickly backup not only data but also the configuration of the running virtual machines. Storware vProtect also provides easy to use CLI and web UI management interfaces.
Backups can be stored in a flexible way – locally, in OpenStack Swift object storage, IBM Spectrum Protect, Veritas NetBackup, EMC Networker or S3. It is easy to use existing storage instance to keep backups of VMs according to the specific retention policy.
The solution extends capabilities of all above backup providers by delivering comprehensive, scalable protection for all supported hypervisor environments.
- Multi-node support for better scalability or geographically dispersed environments
- A dedicated extension for IBM Spectrum Protect Family, Veritas and DellEMC products
- Cost effective licensing model for existing environments (based on hypervisor memory size)
- Ability to backup not only data, but also whole VM on Citrix environments (native XVA format)
- Protection for Open Source Xen and KVM virtual environments
- Multiple vProtect servers are capable of transferring large amount of data from hypervisors locally, while having only to send small amount of deduplicated data to the TSM Server:
- Especially important for enterprise, geographically dispersed environments
- Easy-to-implement solution with less computing resources needed than competing systems
- Restore to vProtect Proxy’s local storage or to any remote location accessible from Proxy
List of virtual machines / Task console
With easy to use management, scalable architecture, data deduplication and compression provided by backup engine, your datacenter will be prepared for protecting not only data itself but the whole configuration of your virtual environments.