BlogKnowledge we want to share
vProtect 3.9 update 2 RELEASED
Storware is pleased to announce the general availability of vProtect 3.9* update 2.
vProtect is a proprietary backup and recovery software developed by Storware for virtual machines, containers and cloud environments. The software provides data protection services for open virtual machines (Citrix Hypervisor, Huawei FusionSphere, KVM, Nutanix Acropolis, OpenStack, Oracle Linux Virtualization Manager, Oracle VM, oVirt, Proxmox, Red Hat Virtualization, XCP-ng, Xen), virtual environments built on VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisors, Containers (OpenShift, Kubernetes), and Cloud (AWS EC2)
Storware vProtect is a modern data protection platform with competitive functionalities, and intuitive HTML5 Web Interface.
vProtect 3.9.2 provides multiple – mostly periodic, security-related – updates of internal database, API, and web UI. This update also introduced CentOS/RHEL 8 support for vProtect deployments.
OpenStack and OpenShift environments using Ceph storage can now be protected – full and incremental backups are supported. OpenShift backups allow also to perform pre/post export remote command execution on the deployment (which are useful to trigger i.e. DB quiesce/resume operations).
One also can notice restore history visible in UI (both on a single VM/app level as well as in Recovery Plan details view). All restore jobs are also now reported in e-mail and you can browse them from the dashboard.
Installation playbooks allow administrators to specify alternative MariaDB repository location and version. Administrators are now also able to allocate licenses to individual hypervisors.
- New: restore history in reporting (dashboard and report mail)
- New: restore history in Recovery Plans
- New: OpenStack – disk attachment with Ceph-based deployments – incremental backups (technical preview)
- New: OpenShift – Ceph-backed PVs support – full and incremental backups with RBD-NBD (technical preview)
- New: OpenShift – pre/post export remote command execution
- New: CentOS/RHEL 8 support
- New: Ansible-based installation with option to customize MariaDB source, version and distribution
- New: license allocation to individual hypervisors
- Update: vProtect server security updates in API and UI layers
- Update: MariaDB 10.4 in new deployments
*vProtect 3.9 (Quasar) is a major release adding officially support for VMware and Hyper-V virtualization platforms. Both full and incremental backups are supported and it also allows you to restore individual files.