Virtualization Extend your backup capabilities. Re-use the data
Modernized means Mature
Modernized data protection nowadays is more important than ever before. We are talking about ransomware or other disasters, like human error or threats related to new technologies. The purpose of modern data storage should be the ability to:
- Use modern data protection tools to empower your business with secondary storage datasets like snapshots or/and replicas. Analytics, tests, reports, for instance.
- Provide a transparent journey across the cloud platforms involving multi-cloud and hybrid-cloud solutions.
- Guarantee accessible, intelligent, automatic, and collisionless actions of employees from various departments in the context of working with backed-up data. From the storage perspective, the data should always be protected, available and reliable.
- Prepare IT infrastructure for implementation of solutions based on artificial intelligence. It is worth highlighting that AI without data is dead.
What is the difference between traditional and modernized approach to data protection?
The modernized approach to data protection, including data backup, data recovery, and the benefits that result from the reuse of data, is a game-changing solution for your business.
Traditional data protection was just a backup (a simple copy of the data). Its usefulness is currently being questioned. On the one hand, we try to minimize cold storage costs – using tapes, for instance. On the other hand, we have the feeling that data that is not used is dead. Therefore, a modern approach to data protection has brought new opportunities to use this data.
The meaning of modern backup
The primary purpose of the backup is the ability to restore data and applications. The development of technology increased the value of the data and many dangers to which it is exposed. The next step towards modernization was to develop mechanisms that enabled efficient Disaster Recovery (DR). In the end, this led to Business Continuity (BC), that is, ensuring such conditions that even after a failure, we can recover data and IT infrastructure and continue to work.
The next step was to use data for purposes other than DR and BC to get additional value from them. Thanks to the reuse of the data, we can significantly optimize processes in the company. Secondary data reuse provides, for example:
- Effortless tests
- Big data analytics
- Support for DevOps teams with the ability to reuse backups, replicas, and snapshots instantly.
Find out how backup can help your business
Modern data protection is: availability – easy to use, efficiency – different departments of your company can use backup copies for their own purpurses, automation and orchestration for all backup activities and the secondary data jobs. Data is the most valuable asset on this planet nowadays. This is the fuel for your business.