Easy to Use, Easy to Manage and Automate
Backup and Recovery for Kubernetes
Kubernetes (K8s) Clusters Backup and Recovery Solution
Use Storware vProtect – an enterprise ready, cloud-native data protection solution. With an easy management interface, you are able to quickly set up protection and store backups in several different backup providers for persistent volumes, deployments/deployment configs (metadata), etcd.
- Stateful container backup and recovery
- Crash-consistent backup for deployments running in Kubernetes
- Automatically pause running deployments for consistent Kubernetes backup
- Backup both metadata and persistent volumes (PVs) attached to the Kubernetes pods.
- etdc configuration backup & recovery via Application Backup (ssh)
- Incremental backup for Ceph RBD based storage (Backup of Ceph RBD-based persistent volumes)
- SLA-based backup automation
Centralize backup and disaster recovery operations
vProtect provides an agentless, crash-consistent backup of deployments running in Kubernetes environments and stored on persistent volumes. What’s more, it gives the option to store these backups in a wide range of backup destinations, including mounted file systems, enterprise-level backup solutions (IBM Spectrum Protect, DellEMC NetWorker, Veritas NetBackup), cloud storage (Amazon S3, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure), and many others.
Furthermore, vProtect aims to provide companies with unparalleled flexibility in designing and implementing data backup strategies. No matter if you manage virtual environments based on open, commercial, or mixed solutions, vProtect supports all under one license.
Automate daily administrative tasks
vProtect enables SLA-based backup automation with all notification and reporting system. Storware backup and disaster recovery solution fits seamlessly into the infrastructure of organizations using container-based deployments, even in production environments.
Improve and streamline data management services
vProtect is an agentless solution with multi-node cloud-native architecture that offers unparalleled scalability, self-service management, and multiple backup scenarios. It’s an easy-to-use and affordable backup and disaster recovery solution designed to protect cloud-native applications. Storware vProtect protects Kubernetes container data by backing up data stored on persistent volumes. It gives the end-user the option to restore this data and recreate the application even if the original pod no longer exists.
Scalability and extra features
Scalability via multi-node architecture. Scale-out by adding as many nodes as you need. Scale-up by assigning more resources to vProtect nodes. What’s more?
- Pre/post snapshot command execution
- Kubernetes: VM Disk exclusion name-based auto-grouping for Policies
- Possibility to authorize with a token instead of kubeconfig,
- Option to exclude specific PVs
- Ability to re-name restored application
- supported languages: English, Chinese, Spanish, German