What is Flycoat
Storware FlyCoat is the family of features, which integrate with IBM Spectrum Protect, serving the power and unique approach.
The layer of know-how, integrated management, and a variety of supported virtualization, physical and cloud platforms make FlyCoat the right choice for both, mid-sized and enterprise customers.
As a hardware independent backup appliance, Flycoat can be delivered in three different modes (PBBA, software package, management console) either on-premise or as a cloud solution.
Plug-and-play by design, FlyCoat can easily work on IBM Spectrum Protect installations or can provide enterprise-class data protection to any IT infrastructure. This is a concept on how to build an efficient solution in a cost-optimized manner.
It’s about time to take control of your IBM Spectrum Protect environments
Just keep it simple
FlyCoat Console is making the everyday job of the admins struggling with the complex IBM Spectrum Protect environment more efficient. Our solution is a comfortable tool to control and manage that environment. It allows managing of many Spectrum Protect servers by just a single login. The product enables effective data management, efficient problem solving, analysis and optimization of the processes of IBM Spectrum Protect servers. The solution is available for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, AIX.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is making the everyday job of the admins struggling with the complex IBM Spectrum Protect environment more efficient. Our solution is a comfortable tool to control and manage that environment. It allows managing of many Spectrum Protect servers by just a single log in. The product enables effective data management, efficient problem solving, analysis and optimization of the processes of IBM Spectrum Protect servers. The solution is available for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, AIX.
FlyCoat Console fully substitutes standard dsmadmc console management.
What makes FlyCoat different from the existing tools?
Spectrum Protect Command line
- Lack of UI causes difficulties and limits the control of the managed environment,
- Complicated construction of commands requires long term education to comprehend and ingest the way Spectrum Protect works,
- Good knowledge of command line is still required.
Spectrum Protect Operation center
- Admin gets reports mainly about the current status of the server,
- Frequent changing amount of functions does not improve ease and intuitive management of environment,
- Just basic control functions are available,
- Knowledge of command line is required.
- Modification of Spectrum Protect server parameters management of domain policies, nodes,
- Schedules, collocation groups, client option sets and others
- Management of device classes and storage pools
- Hardware management, libraries, drives, media
- Enterprise administration function
- Server maintenance function (database, recovery log, volume history, scripts, administrative schedules and others)
- Requests, background processes, sessions,
- Activity log
- Alerting function
- Reporting function
- Statistic function
- Disaster Recovery Manager handling procedures
- Intuitive and friendly dashboard
- Management of the whole Spectrum Protect Environment with a single pane of glass
- Simple licensing model (per Spectrum Protect server)
- Configuration does not require high technical skills
- Central Spectrum Protect backup archive client management
The components of Storware FlyCoat Appliance
- CYHP- choose your hardware platform
- Cloud (BAAS) and on-prem offering
- Integrated services and one point of support
- Backup & restore of whole infrastructure
- Spectrum protect enterprise engine
- Efficient management & reporting
- Forthcoming analytics
- Intuitive UI, enabling better control than any before
Krzysztof (Chris) Rocki, Senior Regional Manager CEE Red Hat Poland
Brett Whittacre, CEO
Robert Borys, IT Department Director
Mirosław Piechota, Director of the IT Department
Richard Palonen, Systems Specialist