BlogKnowledge we want to share
KODO for ENDPOINTS 4.0 released!
Storware is pleased to announce the general availability of KODO for ENDPOINTS version 4.0 – the next generation of enterprise data protection solution for Windows and macOS. It provides smart backup of data stored on devices such as desktops and laptops to achieve business continuity in the event of a disaster. With KODO you get all necessary tools to do it in a simple and effective way.
KODO for Endpoints 4.0 continues its journey to protect devices such as desktops and laptops to achieve business continuity for mobile workforce data. Thanks to the Continuous Data Protection (CDP) and native data reduction mechanism (deduplication and compression), KODO guarantees an even more robust way to protect the data outside organizations data centers. Version 4.0 improves both the administration and the end user’s side. It introduces a completely new user interface (HTML5) for more intuitive and simpler management and several updates for easier deployment & expertise like self-service restore, limits for bandwidth, etc.
KODO 4.0 changes:
- New: Web UI re-design | dashboard + task management optimization
- Updated: Clients support for the latest Windows 10 and macOS Catalina
- Updated: Multitenancy Mode (multiple KODO organizations) with a billing feature for large enterprises or Manage Service Providers (backup as a service offering)
- Updated: Silent mode deployment for Windows Clients devices
- Updated: Roam-aware feature on Windows clients – option to limit bandwidths for download & upload data
What does KODO for ENDPOINTS offer?
- Enterprise engine (+1000 users) based on IBM Spectrum Protect
- File versioning
- Continuous data protection (CDP)
- Space saver – deduplication & compression on the client device
- E-mail protection (IBM Notes, MS Outlook, etc.)
- Roam Aware function (bandwidth control)
- Central Management for all users & devices
- “User transparent” or magic link deployment
- Active Directory integration
- Flexible backup policies (based on IBM Spectrum Protect policies)
- Easy restore (admin UI & self-service restore by user)
- Ready for ticket system integration (RESTful API)
Why organizations should protect data on endpoints?
Nowadays it is very easy to replace a damaged or obsolete device. But can we say the same about our data? Unfortunately, in most cases, lost or corrupted data that has been stored on the end devices is unrecoverable. Unless, these devices are properly protected. With KODO you get all necessary tools to do it in a simple and effective way. Would you like to learn more?